Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scrapbooking Paper & Flowers

This was the challenge for this lovely start to the summer weekend set by Laura McHugh East. 


I decided to do my challenge on the computer, using Photoshop, and "stamps" on the paper backgrounds. I have a lot of Photoshop preset brushes and also know how to quickly make one from almost any image. The best presets are line drawings, just as a hint.


I loaded background papers from my computer files into Photoshop CS5, then added the flowers using the brush presets. I worked with a separate layer for the flowers, and used a regular round brush to knock back the background if it was too much and was interfering with the image.


I decided that each little piece needed some inspirational words about art, so I added those with the Type tool. To embellish some of the type, I duplicated the layer and moved it slightly up and over, then changed the color of that layer to punch up the color.


I hope you enjoy these flowers on scrapbooking paper. Whether you work with the real materials or images, you can get some nice looks by combining the stamps with scrapbooking paper. Doing it electronically gives you some flexibility because you can vary the size of the stamp and you have a zillion ink pad colors to choose from.










No comments:

Post a Comment