Sunday, June 3, 2012

design art that contains windmills..............from Laura McHugh WEST

this weeks challenge comes from Laura McHugh West...and her challenge was that we use windmills in our art.....


while at one of my favorite flea markets this weekend I came across a windmill...couldn't believe it but there she was.....


I  remember seeing pictures of windmills from Holland with beautiful colored tulips and that is what I wanted to paint...so I got out my favorite supplies, Karat Aquarell watercolor crayons, my watercolor pencils, and my sketch pad....


I googled and found an image that would inspire my painting.....


I drew a quick sketch, then started coloring in  with sloppy lines and scribbles.....
it's fun to block in color this way.....


here is the picture by artist Tommy Midyette...I choose this painting because the colors were so vibrant.....


I continued with the sky.....


and then started painting with my water brushes......


I love to paint in this style because it is quick and very freeing.......
 
here is the almost finished piece.....all painting is done....


now to add black sharpie markers.....I love adding the black to make the colors pop!


and here is the finished piece......maybe one day I will get to see a real windmill in Holland and admire its beauty....

1 comment:

  1. I love how vibrant this is. The reds and greens and the outline of the flowers in the foreground make me feel like I am right there in Holland.

    ReplyDelete