Sunday, June 10, 2012

plants and the POWER of the SUN!!!!

this week was my challenge Laura McHugh from the east..............I always think of the wicked witch of the east or west when I am writing this........I am having so much fun and these challenges are really challenging me...I am trying each week to do the best that I can on each and  every challenge.....I am so happy that the 2 of us.....are doing this....


This month was the power of the sun. and I Laura East Coast wanted us to  photograph a plant in your garden starting this week and ending 6/24 to chart its growth from the "POWER" of the "SUN"........Take the same picture every week up to the 24th of this month and post how the plant has grown from the power of the sun...
I was thinking of an art lesson I was given in college...The professor asked that we mark a branch with tape or a ribbon and sketch that section of the  plant every couple of days.......I remember getting a ladder and climbing up that ladder and marking a branch with some masking tape...I was to draw that branch every couple of days to chart the growth of that tree from the sun......... I loved that lesson and it was amazing to see that little branch blossom into a gorgeous  leaf filled branch......So I thought that my buddy Laura from the WEST coast and I could do this but with photos.....so here I go......


I had to start with my hydrangea's.............. love them and can't wait to see how they develop.....


thought I would take a few pictures of plants around my garden just in case something happens to one....so these are Lilly's...a dear friend gave me some bulbs a few years ago and they have been really showing off......I don't usually like Lilly's ....... they are pretty but not fond of their scent......


my favorite the rose.......always reminds me of my grandfather who loved roses and had over 150 rose plants in his yard....


this is an annual that I love and buy every year....and can't remember the name......but hope it shows off.....


and this is a climbing  Hibiscus....Do you have any plants in your garden that you would like to follow its growth..... take a picture of it and share it with us.....we would love to see it.....Happy Gardening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment