Sunday, March 25, 2012

Find and recycle a piece of furniture by painting and embellishing it...

This weeks challenge is from Laura McHugh West! and I love this challenge...its not really a challenge for me at all....because I have been painting and re-finishing furniture for years.....and always embellishing it in some way or another....

































 I love finding vintage chairs and stools and re-doing them into something special....


I sand them, strip them down, then love adding my shabby colors and vintage trims....


this cute shabby stool has been in my home for years and just loved the shape.....its has been used and is showing its age but that makes me love it even more...


this dining room table I  got in a trade....I traded my more modern glass table for this plain wooden table and then my hubby and I did our thing....he cut the 1/2 circles that we added to the sides of the table and then I painted it to match our dining room....


I love pinks and greens and got this love of color from my dear grandparents that I miss so much.....


I found these beauties at a flea market and can't wait to  shabby them up to match our home.....this cute chair was only a few bucks and the chandelier was $5.00...I am planning on spray painting it a nice bright color and have it re-wired to hang in my bathroom.....


isn't she  sweet, maybe some added trim and I'll make a cute little pillow and she will be all glammed up!
What interesting furniture makeovers are you working on???
would love to see them....come on don't be shy...

No comments:

Post a Comment